Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Im in!

So... a Kingdom always has a King. Jesus is King of the Kingdom of God, and He is coming back for real, to reign on earth and then all things will be made new. What is my part in this now? Im learning... but as I've begun this journey the first thing I noticed was that hunger and awareness of my need for His help is the first door. "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

I realized that the Kingship of Jesus means alot of things that I am either ignorant of, totally for, and also, honestly, against and very uncomfortable with sometimes.

I realized that if Im not totally on board with His leadership at this point, where will I be if He comes back? Do I truly love the ways and the justice of God - how HE intends on remaking and ending this story as I know it? I realized that my understanding of God's Kingdom at this point is pretty shallow, pretty small, and I need, desperately, to understand this, or really I dont know what it means to follow Jesus, and live as His own on earth. So, Ive decided whatver this means - Im in - totally in, no matter what the cost.

No comments: