Thursday, April 29, 2010

Nepal - one year ago!

It was but a year ago I was just finishing up my "Servant Team" - 4 months in the beloved nation of Nepal. (a tiny country nestled between India and China, surrounded by the beautiful Himalyan mt.s)

I climed up to the top of the world and witnessed the beauty of God from the roof of the earth. I stood on rooftops in the Katmandu valley and read Revelation alloud, prophecying the soon return of King Jesus.

I wore out my shoes trekking, and lived with the poor, learning the ways of simplicty by entering into their needs....
I volunteered at a government run orphanage for abandoned children, spending time in one of the baby rooms. Mostly I just held little boys and girls, cradling them and praying scripture over them...

I had my heart wretched and broken a thousand times holding these precious little ones....




Each little face is permanently etched on my memory... and it was these experiences that God used to inspire a future commitment to adopt.




The Lord also used my time at the orphanage to reveal HIS heart to me on a deeper level as well. I found myself pondering Jesus, the express image of the Father. Jesus did not leave us as orphans, but came to us through the cross. He did everything to reconcile us into the Father's love and adopt us into Sonship. He transferred us out of the dominion of darkness and into His kingdom of light, redeeming us and forgiving us of our sins. In that way, I see myself in the orphan - I was once lost and apart from the Father and Christ has redeemed me so I can be adopted into His love.
I pray for the spirit of adoption and Sonship to be revealed in and through my heart more and more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such lovely recollections of a sweet time, Hope! I am so thankful for where He has lead you and all the ways that you've discovered His heart!