Sunday, January 31, 2010

"the love of many will grow cold..."

He's coming soon.
love of many is waning cold. I see the capacity for it myself, even surrounded in a prayer community and having thrown my life away for the sake of prayer.

Just as a cup of coffee on the counter quickly cools, so our hearts grow cold unless placed before the FIRE of His Word and love, continuously.
We are stuffing ourselves - numbing - temporal distractions of life, and the pursuits of our flesh and pleasures, silencing the cry we were created with -to touch the very fires of God's heart. To hear His voice. To see Him face to face and behold His glory and beauty.

One day if this is what we will step into for eternity- worship - while also "ruling and reigning" with Him, carrying out His kingdom... why do we live now as if He doesnt exist and isnt coming? If eating, sleeping, and existing is all there is, I was made for nought... O! I am not like a stone upon the ground or like the birds of the air, I am soul and body and I was created for union with the unCreated, God.

I want my heart to be cut - clean from all that binds it, let the margins of waste and pleasures be cut off of my life. Let the flesh be crucified. I want instead to be filled to the fullness with God.

i want to be filled with the fire of His love.
He's light, He's love - He's fire. Jealous, burning, love.
Expand my heart God, and give me revelation of Your love, I want all of it.
Tear open my heart and widen my capacity to understand and truly carry revelation of the heart of God and face of Jesus.

In Christ, every command of God has become a promise, a prophecy, fulfilled through the indwelling Christ if we choose to walk Him out by faith - so yes God, I agree with the words of Your Son - I SHALL LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART, SOUL, MIND, AND STRENGTH!

2 comments:

Lindy said...

challenging.

Anonymous said...

As always, your words bless my heart. And I agree with Lindy, challenging indeed.