Thursday, November 12, 2009

more on the Heart....

Wow. God continues to astound and suprise me.

In Num. 6 and other passages about Nazarites its clear that vows are taken for a season, or for life. I was under the impression the vows I took at OneThing last year were for life. But in the past several weeks God's released me from all the dietary restrictions I gave Him... It took me some time to process & be sure I was hearing His voice - but He told me He was after my heart - and my heart He's got - my heart He's consecrated - now that He's done it- the sacrifices, the vows, in of themselves meant nothing to the Lord other than symbols, reflections, of the inner reality God was after - a heart consecrated, wholly given. He's cut me loose to choose love now, and released me from the vows that I gave Him, diet-wise that is. Ill still continue in the SacredCharge of course, that is a lifestyle thing now - but I think part of the Nazarite stuff was a special season God had me in to prepare me for whats ahead.

He accomplished His purposes. He's been cutting my heart clean from being tied to this world and its pleasures - this world and its pull to live for the present rather than eternal things. God, keep me and give me grace to continue to run this way, and enlarge my capacity to love and know you from the heart!

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so good! Praying that you know much joy in this season of Thanksgiving! Much love to you!

Unknown said...

Yes, Jesus has your heart...no doubt about that! I am happy to hear you heard His heart and am now free to give Him your everything. May Jesus continue release in you the anointing to love even more. To feel and understand His love that you may forever return love back to Him. You continue to be an inspiration to me.