Monday, December 8, 2008

Jai Masih

The big fluffy flakes gently swirled down in the glow of the streetlamp which lit my long way up the icy street home; and I looked up into the dance and, hoped.

It's a season of hope, a season of looking toward, a season of confident expectation.

Jesus of Nazareth, the wonder of God incarnate in a tiny baby, is the hope of the world!

Emmamuel, came near. He came as the suffering servant to redeem mankind, and now He is returning soon to sit on His glorious throne in Jerusalem, and rule, as King.

And meanwhile, I look up, into the sky, in spite of the suffering and darkness in our world today - I look upward with a great big smile, and raise both fists high into the air in bold stance, in victory, I hail, the soon and coming King, Jesus! As the Nepali Christians say, "Jai Masih!" (Victory to Messiah)

No comments: