Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fasting Creates a Space for God to Fill

Ok I retract the Daniel fast blurb in the past entry. God actually wants me going full throttle, complete fasting for a while. (Im not looking for acclamades from men by posting this but rather to dialogue out loud about the lessons Im learning) He kept asking me to do this and finally on sunday I agreed.


He has shown me that in my journey of being filled with the Spirit, there's been huge boulders in hearing His voice. He leads me by His Spirit and His Word, which are usually one in the same... but my first reaction is always to "rationalize" away His words. I talk myself out of obediance with doubt, reason, and fear very very often. This kind of "double mindedness" is what James was talking about. It seems the whole Western world is plagued with this worship of the mind. Yes, God designed us to use our minds but... "The mind makes a wonderful servant but a terrible master." Im also not saying "be led by your heart" (the heart can deceive) but rather to shift to total dependance on the Spirit, by faith. Will I obey Him regardless of weather or not I "understand" yet? Obediance always proceeds understanding...

I've finally hit a point where I am willing to surrender. He asked me to fast for 21 days, and although my mind threw up a slough of reasons why this would be foolish, with work & school, He said He would sustain me. Am I willing to believe? (the word for believe in the N.T. means "act") I said yes. Im going for it, please pray for me!

2 comments:

p said...

that's awesome hopie :) i know this is totally being the concerned big sis, but make sure you are consulting regularly w/ your doctor okay? i know at least for 40 day fasts, your doctor is supposed to be involved, including weekly check-ups during etc...i hope your journey during this time is amazing :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Hope! May you have a ton of grace in this time of fasting and may you feel the touch of the bridegroom. Blessings!