We're in India! Day before yesterday we took a looong jeep ride winding through mt. roads to the border, and spent the nite there. Falling asleep sticky with sweat and slapping misquitoes, I thought about half the population of Kolkota that doesnt have that priveledge - a room - a place to rest. I thought about the girls who are trafficked across the border I would be crossing the next day, trading their families and innocence goodbye to be forced into slavery. I thought about soon seeing Mother Theresa's home, and the impact one woman's compassion has had on the world. Yesterday on the train, gazing at the yellow moon hanging heavy over India, I prayed...
all my prayers add up to a ceaseless longing... a zeal... to be who God made me to be, nothing more, nothing less. To love and be loved - hard - with all my might - for His glory. To say yes to Jesus' love, and to love Jesus with all Ive got - and leave a mighty tidal wave of justice and love in back of me...
1 comment:
Glad you guys got to India ok. Hope your stay is restful and uneventful. Praying for you all,
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment