Its good to be back. man i geuss we reallydo have a place in the neighborhood - as soon as we walked down our alley at 9 at nite there was a crowd to greet us and ask all about the trip. The next morning when I went to buy corn on the side of the road by our bridge, the lady selling asked me when I got back from India! haha! I think I only said hello to her a few times, crazy huh?
Its sweet to be with my nepali family again, and tough too. Sharing life with them Ive had my eyes opened a little to the struggles of the poor. I have 3 sisters around my age, an older brother, and mother. (Father is passed away) Two of the sisters have office jobs, and the youngest is training for a sewing job. The whole family lives off of these two incomes, in a small home. Recently they decided to add onto their house, and took a loan from the bank. Since then things have been tense, and my brother is pretty stressed out most of the time. Last nite all he said to me was hello and that was it. Its a struggle to see their desperation for money and the question of paying off their bills, how, and the future's uncertainty... I have found I cannot say "Its ok" because I honestly dont know if things will be ok for them. All I can do is pray and offer them the love of Jesus - who will not necessarily fix all their problems, but will save their souls and bring them into the kingdom if they are willing. My prayer is that their pain would cause them to see the gods they light the incense and ring the bell to every nite, do not answer, do not give hope, do not deliver... only Yahweh, the true God.
Ive found I cannot change anyone, only unconditionally love, pray, and in His grace pray to live and speak the truth.
2 comments:
Praying that your family would know the peace that He brings.
great thoughts...
Post a Comment