Friday, July 3, 2009

This is WAR! And we're WINNING!

Tonight I listened to a talk from Lou Engle that challenged me emmensly! He talked about declaring WAR on the continous mental onslought from the enemy - we all know what Im talking about, those subtle thoughts that creep up, threatening to keep us in darkness if we heed them. "Your ugly, your unclean, your worthless,..." Yet we are called to be proactive to grab hold of lies and cast them down! It made me stop and THINK about what Ive been thinking about...

I was made in His image in love, and made to gaze on Him, and be transformed into His beautiful likeness. Anything less than this is a lie, and no matter how subtle the lies, we are to violently grab hold, cast down, and trample on them - raising up the sword of the WORD of God, declaring it from our mouths and standing triumphantly.

Thank Goodness truth isnt what we feel or experience, but what God says - and walking in it is choosing to agree and obey, waiting for everything else to catch up in due time. ( It always does!) I want to have a LIGHT mentality. I want to be in continous worship, violently turning my gaze upward, outward, to His face! My heart overflows with thankfulness when I remember that no matter how I feel, He is with me, HE IS IN ME, He loves me, He's bought me, and Im HIS! He is Truth! He is my Rock!

We're in a war. But WE ARE WINNING! And THE KING IS COMING BACK SOON!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope, I love reading how He is continually after your heart. :)