Well Folks, God is good. He always is! Ive gotten a job for the next 4 months on Mackinaw Island. My younger sister Grace has a culinary internship out there and we wanted to spend it together! I will be waitressing on this quaint main st. in town. The island is kept in Victorian tradition, so there are no cars - only bikes and horses and buggies. Although I'll be working alot, me and Grace have some big plans for our days off... we're on an adventure hunt, and Im blessed to have 4 months with one of my best friends! And I really want my freetime to be poured out before the Lord, soaking up His presence...
Ive heard that the island, with all its summer jobs for college kids - is quite the party scene. I suppose the Victorian traditions are only kept in daylight, haha! Anyway, me and Grace are excited because I know God's sending us there as LIGHTS. Please pray for an awesome time for us, to keep our focus fixed on Him in worship, unwavering. I want to stand on the beach and gaze at all the beauty He's created, and give Him glory! Pray for boldness in the power of the Holy Spirit, to speak and live truth!! Pray God connects us with His friends on the island, and that we enjoy ourselves in such a beautiful facet of His creation!
When I prayed about the summer, I got a picture of the island, all green and full of life, with big storm clouds rolling in. The weather was shifting before a mighty storm. The clouds were heavy and about to burst. The green is the island was vibrant. I feel like Jesus wants to release a mighty outpouring of His presence and power, and the times are shifting in this window of time, before His return. Im excited to be part of preparation there... remember us in your prayers!
I wont be taking the laptop along, but Ive got my cell. Have a great summer!





No comments:
Post a Comment