Saturday, March 14, 2009

Give me EYES to see Jesus

Someone asked me this week, "How do you see Nepal?"

perspective is everything. It determines how we live.

So I prayed into this one. Ironically my reading in Numbers fit perfectly; as I read the story of the Israelite spies coming into the promised land, and their reports. Ten had eyes of flesh - they saw the big walls, giants, and their own weaknesses - they saw themselves as grasshoppers. Joshua and Caleb had eyes of faith - they had a different spirit - they saw the land in light of Gods promise. They saw the great bounty, the flowing milk and honey, the sure victory.


So what "report" have I had about Nepal? If I look with eyes of flesh I see poverty, pain, dirt, and darkness. I see my own weakness. When I see with faith, I see His kingdom coming - I see a land full of extravagent worshippers - the Hindus know how to lavish love with a beautiful dedication of prayer and worship I barely grasp. I see these precious ones as being deeply loved by God, and as they receive revelation of Jesus - He will raise up a mighty mighty army here, they will stand faithful upon His return, with arms raised, asking Him to come and reign as King! I see a land beautiful, reflecting the glory of the Maker. I see a city, low, in a valley - awaiting the Living water, to flow down and fill, fill, fill, fill, overflowing with life.

I see Jesus here in Nepal, despite any darkness trying to linger. HE IS HERE. He is the LIGHT! "The darkness is passing away, the true light is already shining" - 1st John

May I have eyes of faith. Give me your perspective Jesus!

Im reminded of the scene in "The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe" where the White Witch realized with horror that winter was fading in "her" land. Spring flowers were blooming, water dripped off the branches, snow was melting into the fresh soil and life was emmerging, everywhere she walked. ASLAN IS ON THE MOVE! In this ficticious scene, perhaps the Narnians were tempting to be distracted with the long winter past, or the oppression of the white witch. But why bother? Aslans on the move! Spring is emmerging! Forget the winter past! Look away from the snow! See the extrordinary birth of spring everywhere the King walks!

So I am in Nepal. The enemys had a false reign here long enough. But I wont walk around distracted by his plans for this land. The true King Jesus is on the move, and life and light are shining bright from this tiny Himilyan country!

2 comments:

Jan said...

May God's strength and grace sustain you in the work He is given you to do.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! Praying that He will grant us all eyes of faith that look to His return with great anticipation and hope!