Friday, April 23, 2010

The Cross


I have been meditating on the cross. Isaiah 53 describes that He took not only the just penalty for my sins, but He also "born my griefs and carried my sorrows." Yes He took even the sins committed against me, all my pain. He was crushed, He was wounded, He bore stripes, that upon my entering into Him I may be healed. He has cast down and disarmed all principalities by the cross, and overcome death, sin, and satan. He went down into Hades and snatched the keys to my soul from the enemy forever! He fulfilled the covenant on my behalf, He gave His own life and shed His own blood to fulfill the covenant I broke. He broke down every dividing wall of hostility in His own flesh, to reconcile me unto God, to wash me and bring me into union with Him as His pure spotless Bride.
In His own frame, He bore all my sin, sorrows, and death. He chose it. The more I meditate on what He has done at the cross, the quicker I am to yield every barrier in my heart to His love, unto the cross, that I may be brought into wholehearted agreement with Him. I pray daily for the Holy Spirit to cause me to love Jesus with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, forever....
He desires me, He pursued me unto death. He wants me and will stop at nothing that we may be unified. Truly, Jesus LOVES me. I believe and receive His love!!!!
He is a real person, the God-Man forever. A man I will meet face to face, gaze into His eyes, and with all the church, we will be united to Him forever as His beloved wife. We will dwell in the home He's prepared for us, the new Jerusalem, in His kingdom when He brings heaven to earth in the next age.... O hasten the day!

No comments: