Sunday, May 24, 2009

Standing above the clouds...






Im writing from Pokhara, having just finished our trek as we debrief. We got to glimpse a spectacular view of the Dhaulagiri & Annapurna Himalayan range. Hours and hours of up, up, up, up... I thought my legs would fall off, and I would tip off a cliff from sheer exhaustion a few times. I can say at this point it hurts to walk. But of course, with a little dahl baht- we all made it. We even got to swing on a vine over the trail at a particularly jungl-ish part of the trail.













Along the way we got to stay in cozy little sherpa-like lodges... Great tea and hot food by a fire with pouring monsoon rains outside... My favorite was from the highest point of the trail; we got up one morning after a drenching rain and hit the soaked trail to the peak of "Poon Hill. We glimpsed nearly the full mt. range and sunrise bursting into a rainbow over mt. peaks!!!! We were so high planes were flying down below us, above the clouds.










I stood, awestruck gazing at these mighty, majestic, snowcapped beings before me, while also treading on intricatly painted tiny pink and white flowers. A rainbow arched above the sunrise, and a chilled wind turned my sweat into ice. I stood in wonder at the Creator who sculted the mightiest peaks, yet also tenderly breathed life into the delicate flowers beneath my toes. I wanted to do one thing, and that was - SING. HE IS GLORIOUS!!


Please pray for our community's huddles as we verbally walk through what these 4 months have been all about! I desire the Holy Spirit to reveal His purposes to me so I can build on the stepping stones He's put in me through Nepal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Hope, for sharing your thoughts and experiences with us. Much love to you!