Isaiah 26:7 The path of the righteous is level; O upright One, you make the way of the righteous smooth.Psalm 26:12 My feet stand on level ground; in the great assembly I will praise the LORD.
Psalm 143:10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
Prov. 4:18 "The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day."
I've been suprised since coming back to Michigan about the Lord's grace. Going to a Christian college past few years I got pretty acclimated to being in a spiritual green-house. (Except for internship in Cambodia which was the polar opposite experience) Somehow through those years the Lord put foundations in me that I am beginning to see. I was afraid going home that somehow I would grow cold, distracted, caught up in "life." But the opposite has actually taken place - I've realized that God in His grace, draws me closer to Himself wherever I am, and I dont have to be afraid. Yes I need God's people, and my community is slowly growing here. But I dont need to be in a bubble to be steady. Jesus is steadfast and faithful within me, and I am walking a level path toward the Light. I anticipate this will only increase the rest of my life. There isn't a separation between living life and loving God, the two are one and becoming more and more congruent. The more I know Jesus the more JOY is exploding in all of my daily doings. He makes me so glad!
1 comment:
great thoughts and realizations! I was scared of leaving the "bubble" myself but I'm growing to realize more and more the absolute necessity for us to learn how to live outside the bubble yet in connection with the bubble. It's a weird tension.
Post a Comment