The study of Christ's Kingdom has continued to expand my heart.... through the Leadership class I'm currently in. Scriptures reveal quite a startling contrast to what the world calls leadership. God's school of leadership is learned by servanthood... David ruled a kingdom after singing to sheep in solitude. So I see greater significance in my scrubbing pots and pans every day heh.
History is full of leaders who become drunk on their own power and use & abuse people to maintain their position. The influence and access given to position is dangerous. the only way I think someone is able to lead is by binding themselves in dependancy on Christ to lead through them in humility. I see even in myself a great capacity for corrupted power, as I take credit for much even while I lead little. What would happen if I was President? Good grief.
What the world exalts will be exposed in Christ's kingdom as weakness and what the world scoffs at will be brilliantly revealed as wisdom. Lead me in your way of servanthood Jesus, and thank you in Your kindness, for not handing me leadership while I am prideful, weak, and rely on myself. Teach me servanthood, affiliate me as a worm serving the oppressed, lest someday I forget their plite and also trod on them. Teach me true greatness Jesus in your upside-down world that someday will reign and overcome the current reality.
1 comment:
Read "The Backward Life" by Jarrod Jones
Mom
Post a Comment